- About the Year of Forests
- Stay Involved
- Campaign News
- Media Coverage
- 10 Most Threatened Forests In The World
- Administration Announces Wood Promotion Strategy at U.S. International Year of Forests Celebration
- Forest Service To Promote International Year Of Forests
- Leavell and Politicos Sitting in a Tree"
- Morning Profile: Chuck Leavell, from Trees to Stones
- Rock n’ Roll Conservationists Celebrate America’s Forests, USDA Green Buildings Strategy
- Trees and 'Stones!
- USDA Green Building Initiative Announced at International Year of Forests Celebration
- USDA Leads the Way on Green Buildings, Use of Wood Products
- Virginia Students Celebrate International Year of Forests
How You Can Help
You can help keep America’s forests growing and healthy.
You can help keep America’s forests growing and healthy. Here are several ways you can help:
- Several organizations celebrate forests every day by planting trees. Learn more about helping to plant trees with the Arbor Day Foundation or American Forests’ Global ReLeaf project.
- Learn about forest conservation and take action today.
- Teach your children about the importance of trees and forests or introduce them to the teachings of Smokey Bear.
- Get tips on advocacy work to help protect America’s trees.
- Learn about the importance of urban trees in America.
- Work at a green job.
- Become a Cox Hero with The Trust for Public Land.
- Buy products from sustainably managed forests.
- Participate in National Walk in the Woods Day.
- Learn about and support wood in green building practices.